Countertop Installation Checklist
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PURCHASE OF GRANITE COUNTERTOPS!!!
Since we will be installing countertops in your home, which is now occupied we would like to offer a few suggestions to make the installation process a little easier for you.
In order to get the granite to fit, it is necessary to do some cutting in your home. This will create a considerable amount of dust. We try to minimize this as much as possible by using a vacuum as we cut. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause, 18.95 granite is not a cleaning service but we do try to minimize dust as much as we can. and the following are a few suggestions to minimize the spreading of dust.
a) Please turn off your air conditioning/heating unit.
b) Empty all kitchen cabinets.
c) Try to seal off the room we will be working in as much as possible.
d) Keep doors to all other rooms closed.
The customer is responsible for the disconnection and re-connection of all plumbing, gas, and electrical equipment. The customer is responsible for moving all the appliances (stove, refrigerator, etc.) that are in the way of the installation. Mirrors and tile backsplash must be removed or cut down by the client.
1. It is our goal to complete your job in one trip and the following suggestions will help us to do this:
2. Please have your appliances at the job site so we can check them for the correct fit. If you have an under-mount sink, we cannot install your countertops until we install the sink in the cabinet. Any return trips we make because appliances were not on the job site may result in additional charges to you.
3. Please provide a clear walking path to your home. The stone is heavy, and our employees need access from where they park their trucks to your doorway. We cannot install your countertops if the driveway is not in place unless you provide a safe alternate route.
4. Make sure your installation date does not interfere with other work being done in your home that may prevent us from installing your countertops (example: wood floors being furnished or tile being installed). When we provide you with an installation date we need at least 48 hours notice if you have to change the date. Our crews are scheduled ahead of time and last-minute changes will result in an additional charge to you.
5. We hope the above suggestions will make your installation process go smoothly. We make every effort to complete the installation in one trip. If we do encounter problems, be assured that we will return and rectify the problem as quickly as possible.
After Installation of your Countertops
What to do (and not to do) after installation
1. Connect your sink and garbage disposal at least 12 hours after installation.
2. Do not clean, touch, or use water on any newly silicone or caulked areas for at least 12 hours (or they will remain white and not turn clear).
3. Do not move or bump against any newly installed tops for at least 24 hours.
4. Wait 24-48 hours to install tile splash.
1. Avoid standing on the countertops
2. Do not move heavy items across the tops
3. Treat your countertops with care. Some impacts can produce chips or dents
4. Use a trivet or pad to protect from heat damage and thermal shock for hot pots and pans, fryers, crockpots, and such appliances.
For more information on how to take care of your granite look at the granite care information sheet.
*Please call your salesperson if you have any questions.